This just in from Piper. I’ve been bugging her for months…
"OK, I’ll finally come to comply with your demands for a top 10 reading list."
Danbury FPC Top 10 “Bestsellers”
1. “Middlesex” by Jeffrey Eugenides: For some reason a huge hit. But Pop [the head cook and Piper’s pal]) refuses to read it..
2. “Every Thug Needs a Lady” by Wahida Clark
[click for the rest]
3. Anything by James Patterson. Literally, anything.
4. “Random Family” by Adrian Nicole LeBlanc. Lots of local Danbury FCI action described.
5. “Thugs and the Women Who Love Them” by Wahida Clark. The thrilling sequel to Every Thug Needs a Lady!
6. “Daughter’s Keeper” by Ayelat Waldman. A book which raises a lot of debate over the quality of the protagonist’s representation – a lot of ladies her can relate.
7. “Around the Way Girls” by Angel Hunter, La Jill Hunt, and Dwayne Joseph. The novella makes its return.
8. Anything by Barbara Delinsky, queen of mushy, contemporary romance.
9. “The Collected Works of V.C. Andrews” (en Espano). Resonates strongly with Danbury’s Latinos for some reason. Anne Rice does, too.
10. “My Life Among the Serial Killers” by Helen Morrison. ‘Nuff Said.